Happy near summmmmmah, HighEnders! We’re nearing the end of May, but Mimi still has to give her Fab Five picks for this month!
- Lykke Li This Swede’s haunting, elfish voice is only made better by her perfect lyrics… “Hands down I’m too proud, for love. But with eyes shut it’s you I’m thinking of.” Her debut album Youth Novels is amazing from beginning to end. My faves are “Melodies and Desires”; “I’m Good, I’m Gone“; and “Little Bit”- a song so dope that man of the hour Drake couldn’t help himself from sampling. A little taste below…
- Da Andrea I enjoy good eats as much as the next gal, but foodie I am not. Nope, no ma’am! Spending crazy amounts of money on food makes me lose my appetite… literally. But one little NY restaurant has changed Mimi’s mind molto. Two recent visits to Da Andrea on W. 13th triggered full-on Homer Simpson mode. Their pesto pasta is the richest, most off the charts I’ve ever had. And the baby calamari- fresh out of the sea and off their grill- will have you swearing off those fried rings for good. If you are a fan of gastronomical joy&happiness mangia mangia mangia!
- C.O. Bigelow All-in-One Moisturizer with SPF 25 is the biz-naz! It has a fresh, airy scent and provides just the right amount of coverage for the impending haute temps. And you can’t beat the $20 pricetag!
- I need a fasssssst Car(go) If you have even half of a fashion brain, the words “cargo pant” are not inducing 90s-like PTSD in you. The cargo has gotten a major make-over and every brand from Balmain to J.Brand is getting posh with the pockets! J.Brand’s “Houlihan” pant is so haute, NYTimes devoted an entire feature to it…with words and all! I scored J.Crew’s take on the CP and might as well enlist given the frequency I’m rockin’ army green! The key to being Private Benjamin rather than Saving Private Ryan is to stick to slim, cropped styles. Pay at-ten-hut to these…L.A.M.B. Alice&Olivia B.R. and Free People.
- FreeWill Astrology WARNING: Within 30 seconds of meeting a person, I will all but demand their birthdate. I remember the exact moment I realized the power of the stars: 5th grade, Seventeen magazine Astrology Issue, the Libra descript- consummate fashionista, wise beyond your years, penchant for older men. Ummmm, hellllooo?? Could that be anymore Mimi??!?!? Well, over the years, I have continued to release the stars and my go-to-source for astrology know-how is Rob Brezney’s Freewill Astrology. I refuse to make any major decisions until I receive/study/analyze/memorize Freewill’s weekly newsletter. Classic indecisive Libra, huh?
Well, HighEnders, that’s Mimi’s MayDay situation…your turn ;)