it’s (finally) fall y’all! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i went on a run this morning and almost wept tears of joy over the chilly temperatures! i’m psycho, i know. but i’m obsessed with all things Q4- football, changing leaves, cinnamon-y drinks, layers…should i really keep going?
a key part of any season change is establishing the perfect soundtrack! i love associating different songs with specific points in my life. flo rida’s “low”= so many miniskirts and too many vodka shots.
- no doubt’s “push and shove” holyyyyy smokes i LOVE this song. and my adoration for gwen goes deeeeep- like 5th grade “excuse me mister” deep. i think (know) i maybe (definitely) called into the radio to request this song as a 10-yr-old. anyways, “push and shove” is classic ND with a fun reggae feel and a thumping bass line that will have you jumpin’ and stompin’ like mrs. rossdale herself.
- connie francis- “fallin’” how cliche of me to fall for target’s fall commercial about fallin’ for fall. but this song is sexxxxx. swipe on some red lipstick and a pencil skirt and just let this play.
- g.o.o.d music’s “to the world” as a 90′s child, r.kelly was that triflin’-ass older cousin you just love. on the opening track to cruel summer, kells is back. he takes ghetto opera to another level.
- ellie goulding’s “my blood” HOLY SHITTTTT is all i have. find this song. listen to it on repeat. you’re welcome.
- gary clark jr’s “when my train pulls in” this song gives me chills…for so many reasons. but the main reason is how stripped down his live version is. just a man with his guitar- doesn’t get much better than that.
- fleetwood mac’s “seven wonders” i am going through a huge fleetwood stage- and by stage i mean entire life. pretty sure stevie nicks cast a spell on me…and you know what i’m aiiiiiighhttt with it. this is classic FM and i f’in love it.
- miguel’s “arch&point” the fact that he refuses to perform this live just makes me looooove it more. how freudian of me.