i have a duane reade/cvs/target problem.
like a serious problem.
i get in these stores and lose my fuckin’ mind.
out of nowhere i need every single unneeded product in the place.
trial-sized comb/brush set. YEP. 88-cent peach rings. DUH. a card for my grandma. HOW ‘BOUT 2?
well one upside of all of this money-wasting is that i have discovered a few beauty products that are the epitome of bang for buck. every product on this list is $5 or less, so grab five Abe’s and get to spending
- cover girl translucent powder (my shades are honey or tawney)- i have literally been getting compliments on this $5 powder for yearsssss. just a few swipes and your skin is gleaming- this powder goes toe-to-toe with pricier counterparts. i can’t always find it, so when i do i absolutely stock up!
- ocean potion face sunscreen i cannot function without this $2.50 beauty! it is so moisturizing and doesn’t leave that creepy dead-person film that most sunblocks do. i layer it like crazy and am close to just amazon’ing an entire case.
- my sister is going to be FURIOUS with me for sharing this, but wet’n'wild has some of the most amazing lipsticks known to man. and this is coming from a MAC lippy diehard- ruby woo, woooot-wooot! i almost shed a tear after my first application of “cherry picking” a luscious pink-red that will easily transition from summer to fall. and don’t even get me started on the lip-liners…no, seriously, i might break down.
- people act like maybelline great lash is the second coming of mascara, but i never got it. well, that is until i got my hands on their new lots of lashes. ommmmmmmmmmg- i’m obsessed with the way that it instantly pops my peepers without a thousand coats for a look that is wide-eyed but natural. this pink and green, i can get behind.
- ok, now this last piece of beauty booty is a little over the $5 but it is so f’in phenom that it is well worth the additional five bones. i give you top coat of the century, seche vite! it dries literally in three minutes and is almost like a gel coating for your polish. i am the queen of the midnight mani, so no other top coat will do.
ok, highenders, grab your cvs card and go five-dolla-holla crazy